Qu7: What is struts and how ActionServlet works...
- The ActionServlet receives the request.
- The struts-config.xml file contains the details regarding the Actions, ActionForms, ActionMappings and ActionForwards.
- During the startup the ActionServelet reads the struts-config.xml file and creates a database of configuration objects. Later while processing the request the ActionServlet makes decision by refering to this object.
- Bundles all the request values into a JavaBean class which extends Struts ActionForm class.
- Decides which action class to invoke to process the request.
- Validate the data entered by the user.
- The action class process the request with the help of the model component. The model interacts with the database and process the request.
- After completing the request processing the Action class returns an ActionForward to the controller.
- Based on the ActionForward the controller will invoke the appropriate view.
- The HTTP response is rendered back to the user by the view component.